There are plenty of QuickBooks users who have faced the issue QuickBooks Desktop wont open and have no idea how to resolve the problem. Hence we have prepared this article to help such users.
We understand the QuickBooks issue could be very frustrating and some of them are really stubborn in that sense. But you do not have to worry anymore, this blog will guide you through the problem and later we will also discuss the possible solution. It is recommended to go through the causes and symptoms of the issue before directly jump into the solution. So let’s begin the article!
QuickBooks Desktop Wont Open- Brief Introduction
The error generally occurs when the user tries to open the QuickBooks Desktop or access the company icon. There are plenty of errors that resist the users to open QuickBooks. However, in some cases, the rebooting of the software helps the user to fix the problem.
Sometimes the user clicks on the QuickBooks errors too many times in order to open the software. Refrain taping so many times, this may lead to sending too many requests, and eventually hangs the device.
Common Symptoms of QuickBooks Won’t Open
Users often are not able to identify the issue while facing it. Therefore we have dedicated this section to those users who are still confused about what QuickBooks errors they are dealing with. Below are a few common symptoms for the error Quickbooks won’t open.
- You may have to experience the freezing of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- The user might be using the old version of QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks could have not installed properly on your device.
- You also may come across the hanging of the system.
- The system displays the error message of QuickBooks won’t open.
- QB company file does not open.
- Sometimes the computer may slowly respond to the input of the mouse and keyboard.
Causes of the QuickBooks Won’t Open Error
There are many reasons behind the occurrence of the issue “my QuickBooks won’t open.” After identifying the error, you should now learn the triggers that have caused the problem in your device. Hence, before directly jump into the solution section, it is necessary to know the reasons for the issue.
- The QuickBookswon’t open the company file could have arisen due to the damaged and corrupted company files.
- You may be experiencing a problem with the company file.
- It is also possible that you might not be opening the file in the correct way.
- The QuickBooks software you are using might be the outdated one.
- An error could be occurring due to the long company name.
- Report issue with the company file.
Therefore, while trying to access the QuickBooks company file, you need to make sure of all the above things. Also, the points will allow you to avoid the issue.
Resolve the QuickBooks Won’t Open
Now it is time to fix the error from the device. There are many different ways to resolve the problem from your devices, we have listed down the most effective ones. Each of the solutions is tested and verified. Go through the solutions and perform them very carefully.
Troubleshooting Method 1: Close QBW32.exe Process
It is the first method of the troubleshooting process. You need to close the QBW32.exe file to remove the file from your system.
- First of all, close the QBW32.exe process. To perform the process, follow the steps below.
- Right-click on the Windows taskbar and then choose the option “Start Task Manager.”
- After that hit the tab of “Process” and click on the header named Image Name to minimize the procedure alphabetically.
- Try to look for the file QBW32.exe and hit the option “nd Process.”
Try to follow the steps very carefully, without missing any of them. After following the higher steps, you will be able to close the QBW32.exe. Now, open the QuickBooks company file, if you are still getting some issue then move on to the next solution.
Troubleshooting Method 2: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks Tool Hub is an incredible software that has all tools included in it. The application assists the user to fix almost all type of QuickBooks issues. For the user of Windows 10, 64 bit, the Tool Hub is one of the best software. Make sure that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub (184.108.40.206).
- O to the official website of Intuit QuickBooks and then get the QuickBooks Tool Hub from there.
- After downloading the file, look for the file the QuickBooksToolHub.exe and click on it to install it in your system.
- Follow the instruction on the screen.
- Try to use it, once you are done with the installation procedure.
Troubleshooting Method 3: Restart the System
Sometimes restarting the device also helps to resolve the error like why won’t QuickBooks Open. Hence in this method, we will try to restart the system. Restarting the computer also help you to use the system from scratch.
After restarting the software, now try to use the desktop and check if you are still getting the issue or not.
Troubleshooting Method 4: Repair the QuickBooks Desktop Installation
If none of the above solutions helped you to fix the problem from your system. Then try out the Repair tool to remove the problem from your system.
- First of all, go to the company file and try to back up the files.
- Then restart the computer. The restarting of the device will help you to ensure that there is no background program the coil affect the process.
- Click on the Start icon or tap on the Windows tab.
- Search for the option Control Panel.
- However, make sure that you have the Windows version of 8 or 8.1, before going any further in the procedure.
- After opening the Control Panel, look for the Choice Program and Feature.
- Then choose the button, Uninstall a Program.
- If you did not get the option then look for the Program choice and then click on the Program and Feature option.
- From the list of Program, tap on the Uninstall/ Change choice.
- Hit on the Continue option and choose Next.
- The repair might take some time to finish up.
- After completing the process, hit on the Finish button.
- You should then restart the device to complete the whole process.
- Update the QuickBooks to get the newest version.
Troubleshooting Method 5: Diagnose the QuickBooks Installation Issue
In case none of the above solutions helped you to fix the problem, then do not panic, try this method instead.
- Try to download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. to download the tool go to the official website of Intuit.
- After the successful installation process, go and visit the “installation error.”
- From the list of “Installation issue” tab, choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- The above process might take some time to finish.
- The procedure normally takes 15-20 minutes and wait for the process to complete.
- Restart the device and access the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Check whether you are still getting the issue or not.
Troubleshooting Method 6: Rename the .ND and .TLG Extension
The trouble may arise due to the saving of the file with a long name. Hence it is required to rename the extension with the .ND and .TLG. Follow the steps below:
- Open the folder where you have saved the QuickBooks file.
- Look for the transaction log file and click on it to rename it.
- Rename the file with .OLD.qbw.TLG.
- After that try to change the name of .ND following the same process.
- Now try to open the company file and check if you are still getting the issue or not.
Troubleshooting Method 7: Move the Company File to a New Location
In case you have save the company file to a network drive, then try to copy the file to the local drive of the PC where you are working.
- First, you need to create a new folder in the C: drive.
- Open the folder where you have saved the company file.
- Now press the keyboard key Ctrl and hod it for sometime. Choose the company file and the .TLG file.
- Go to the file and right click on it.
- Copy the file.
- Now try to paste the copied file and paste it on the newly created folder.
Hopefully, the article helped you to resolve the QuickBooks won’t open the company file. In case you are still getting the issue then try to contact the customer support team of QuickBooks. You can access the helpline number from the official website of the Intuit. The team is available for 24X7 to help their users in need.
If you liked the blog post then share it with your friends and teammates. Also comment below which troubleshooting method help you to get rid of the problem. Check out other articles for many such informative blogs.