Class 11 is very crucial for a student. After qualifying for the HSLC examination, students need to choose a stream for themselves to pursue higher education. This is because of the vastness of the courses after the 10th class. Class 11 is the base for all our future studies and the subjects are very different and almost a lot more difficult than anything we have ever learned before. In short, class 11 is on a whole new level. The next thing after choosing a stream is to focus on better learning and education. This period is considered a crucial stage for the aspirants of the competitive exams as well because the syllabus for class 12 and other entrance exams are designed accordingly with relation to class 11. So, it is really important for the students to study with the best books and materials for Class 11 Biology, Maths, Chemistry & Physics. For this, we need to choose the right books and study materials in order to gain the most effective knowledge. In this article, we will discuss the various books that can be used as a reference in class 11.
No book can compete with the NCERT textbooks prescribed by CBSE itself. These books should always be the first preparation for any kind of exam rather be it any board exam or any competitive exam. The kind of information provided in the NCERT books is sufficient to build a very strong fundamental knowledge. It is also written in a very self-explanatory manner which helps the students to learn each and every concept clearly. We have included NCERT Class 11 Books to help the students with finding the right books to study.
The NCERT books are designed and carefully curated by a group of experts who have tremendous knowledge and experience in the field of education. Every chapter in the textbooks is explained in a simple but very informative method. There is no complex language used to elaborate concepts and students of every intelligence level can easily acquire and understand the concepts. There is no dragging of information and point to point information is provided. Every part is divided into various sections with proper numbering systems. Also, the chapters include a summary section which summarizes everything from the chapter in very brief content.
NCERT textbooks also include exercises at the end of chapters for the students to analyze their learning. Solving these exercise questions will help the students to clear their doubts. The questions also vary from easy to very complex. But once after being thorough with the chapter, one can easily answer any question asked. The students need to read the chapters numerous times in order to avoid any missing information. The NCERT textbooks provide useful information in every single sentence therefore, it is necessary to learn everything with utmost concentration.
Apart from the NCERT textbooks, one can use reference books for gaining in-depth knowledge and also to boost up their preparation. Many publications provide the best reference books including information regarding important topics. The most important thing before starting any course is to know about the proper syllabus and the weightage from different chapters. It acts as a guide for students and teachers as well. Reference of the curriculum helps the students in becoming more confident while writing the final exam. The syllabus provides detailed information about the practicals, assessments and projects of the respective academic year.
It gives an overview of the course structure, including all the essential subject-related information. The syllabus also helps the students to know all the relevant topics and sub-topics. Then according to that, the students can prepare their learning strategy.
People often confuse the students by recommending various reference books. But the students can’t find the best one among them and then work on it.
It is true that there are different reference books available, but we cannot divide them as useful or poor content. Every reference book has its own specialities and is best in its own field.
Some reference books are good for theory, some provide good quality problems, some are good for competitive exams while some provide all of these together.
Next, before buying any reference book, there are few things that the students need to be aware of.
These are listed below:
- The language should be very simple and easy.
- The contents inside the books must have a very understandable quality.
- The book must always be a revised edition. It should include all the new updates and information regarding the topics.
- The content must be well organized and useful.
- Any book that provides unwanted or useless information must be avoided.
- The book should contain a detailed explanation of theories with proper diagrams, flowcharts, etc.
- The book should contain a good amount of questions starting from easy ones to the high order thinking questions.
- The book should also contain all the solutions to the questions provided.
- It should also contain sample papers and previous year question papers.
Few of the reference books that are considered to have quality content for different subjects are as follows
- English: Oswaal’s CBSE Chapter Wise / Topic Wise Question Bank.
- Mathematics: Senior Secondary School Mathematics: for Class 11 RS Agarwal and Mathematics for Class 11 RD Sharma.
- Physics: Concepts of Physics, volume 1 and 2 HC Verma, S. L Arora.
- Chemistry: ABC of Chemistry, Modern Publications.
- Biology: ABC of Biology, Modern Publications, Biology on Fingertips Trueman.
- Accountancy: Double Entry Bookkeeping, T. S. Grewal.
- Business Studies: Class 11 Business Studies by Poonam Gandhi.
- Economics: Introductory Micro Economic , TR Jain and VK Ohri and Statistics for Economics, TR Jain and VK Ohri.
In order to succeed, we must keep solving questions until our concept becomes crystal clear and we develop a problem-solving approach. Winning over any examination with perfect scores comes at the cost of hard work, consistent effort, patience, determination, continued practice, and a lot of focus on proper time management.